New Labour Deal
23 March 2022
Earlier this month, the Deloitte Legal Employment Law team organised an internal information session on the measures the Belgian government has approved that aim to enhance the flexibility of the labour market for both employees and employers.
The measures fall under 5 categories:
- Redeployment measures (adaptation of notice periods, financing of trainings, outplacement etc)
- Flexible working time (affecting day, shift, evening and night work and targeting e-commerce in particular)
- Conditions of platform workers (enhanced clarity on the definition of self-employed vs employee and introduction of mandatory additional work accident insurance)
- The right to training (in number of days in companies with 20+ employees)
- The right to disconnect (the right to be off-line outside working hours in companies with 20+ employees)
We will update you as and when the measures are translated into new laws.