Upcoming seminars and webinars
An overview of upcoming events organised by Deloitte Legal, or external events involving our practitioners as facilitators
Data Protection: Lessons learned from the COVID-19 lockdown and how best to prepare for a second lockdown
Webinar | 23 September 2020 | 12:00 PM CET
Host: Dulce Miranda
Presenters: Dr. Söntje Julia Hilberg, Gonçalo Quintino, and Arnaud Raynouard
The outbreak of the COVID-19 has significant impact on different areas including data protection. In case of a second lockdown, what measures and policies should your organization have in place? Are the temporary measures implemented in the first lockdown useful and applicable in a second lockdown? We’ll discuss:
- If a vaccine is developed:
- Can you write a policy to ask people to declare whether or not they have been vaccinated?
- Can you keep a log and force people to do it?
- Would the EU/governments be open to changing data privacy laws to allow this for exceptional circumstances like pandemics?
- If an effective treatment is found:
- COVID-19 will then turn into something more like an everyday sickness, do you then abolish your policies or keep it in case something similar happens with a different disease?
- Can you ask employees in their contracts to opt into disclosure of health information and what are the consequences?
- How to build a resilient Data Privacy Organization and a data privacy compliant crises management?
Join our Deloitte specialists who will share the lessons learned and what can be done in the next phase from a data protection perspective.
Register for this webcast
Are you ready to implement the Shareholder Rights Directive II in your remuneration policy and annual report?
Webinar | 15 October 2020 | 10:00 AM CET
Emmanuel Leroux, partner in the Corporate-M&A practice, will be one of the speakers during a Deloitte Academy webinar regarding the Shareholder Rights Directive II, and how it will impact remuneration policies and annual reports. Emmanuel will offer his expertise from a corporate law perspective.
Dismissal law: state of affairs
Webinar | 23 October 2020 | 9:30 AM CET
Stijn Demeestere, head of Deloitte Legal's Employment, Pensions and Benefits team, will be one of four speakers during a webinar organised by Intersentia, regarding the latest developments in dismissal law, including implications of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Stijn will specifically address the dismissal of protected workers.