Tax Dispute Resolution
A pragmatic approach to preventing, managing and resolving tax disputes
Every company, organisation or individual can be confronted with a tax audit at any given time. Assisting taxpayers facing the tax authorities is our mission. Through our law firm's assistance, you can continue with your business even while facing a tax dispute.
"Very thorough analysis and fact-finding abilities, very deep legal knowledge and experience negotiating high-profile cases with the tax authorities."
Chambers Europe (Client testimonial)
Our practice, with more than 15 specialised lawyers in tax dispute resolution, is recognised as one of the leading practices in Belgium by various international legal directories and guides, such as International Tax Review, Chambers & Partners (Global and Europe editions) and Legal 500. Several of our lawyers have been individually ranked in these publications. Our clients encompass all industries, from multinational quoted companies, to individuals facing tax disputes.
However, Tax dispute resolution is much more then litigating tax issues before the Courts. We provide services and assistance to taxpayers from three different angles: tax litigation, criminal (tax) litigation and tax risk management.
Areas of expertise:
Our Tax dispute resolution team is focused on a variety of services including:
- Advice on tactics and strategy when facing tax audits and disputes
- Advice and assistance during tax audits and disputes
- Negotiations with the tax authorities and other offices
- Handling of tax claims at an administrative level
- Litigating in tax courts, including the Supreme Court and the Court of Justice of the European Union
- Litigating in criminal courts
- Constitutional Court proceedings on tax law
- Proactive risk assessment of data policies
- Legal entities taxation (rechtpersonenbelasting – impôts des personnes morales)
- Customs, excise, and trade support